Since 1979, Computer Merchants have been recycling computer equipment throughout Australia and New Zealand. In fact we have been doing it so long we’ve become computer recycling experts.
Our business was originally founded on the principle of recycling computer equipment. This has been a core value of our business. It’s how we help our customers save money when purchasing from us, and get a return on their old equipment when they sell it to us.
Over time our business has grown to include the sale of new equipment. Of course, we can still purchase your old equipment.
Our commitment to recycling goes beyond what we do for the market and extends into how we run our business.
- We comply with all relevant environmental legislation.
- When we can’t reuse the pre-loved computer equipment we have purchased we then supply to scrap metal merchants that are environmentally friendly. They then manage the waste to ensure that all reusable metals and products are extracted and sent to the various refineries.
- Our packaging wherever possible is re-used.
- Our internal processes are highly automated through the applications we run. This means we use very little paper. Many of our systems that were paper based have been replaced by electronic notification systems. We have also added new systems that integrate the use of barcode scanners instead of paper based systems.
- We use environmentally friendly products such as cleaning products, dishwashing detergents that are biodegradable.
- We ensure recycling bins are available and accessable to all staff.
- We actively reduce the number of duplicate subscriptions received by our company, and those sent out to our customers.
- We are always looking for ways to improve how we do things like turning off appliances at night, having the fridge and air conditioning set to an optimum temperature so that they use less power.
Our Next Steps Towards Getting Greener
- We will calculate and publish our carbon and water useage per person so that we can publicly work towards improving this and share our progress.
- We will purchase carbon offsets.
- We will use more recycled products within our business.
- We will ensure our culture is based around reduce, reuse, repair, recycle.
- There will be continued education within our business of what we can do to actively help our environment.