How We Recycle The Computer We Buy From You
- To protect your privacy, we reformat all drives
- Then we remove them from the server, breaking up any RAID sets.
- These are then put on the shelves at our warehouse as individual stock items.
- We track all system serial numbers that come into and leave our warehouse. Any stock items broken down are also recorded against serial numbers. So we can offer asset tracking at a server level always, guaranteed. We can offer asset tracking at a component level, but this is not guaranteed unless specified.
- Materials that can’t be reused by us are sent to environmentally friendly scrap metal merchants who manage the appropriate disposal and management of recyclable and other materials.
How We Build Your Refurbished Hardware
- Refurbished equipment is built from scratch.
- All stock items are picked via a bar coded system.
- Items are sent to our engineering department along with an electronic request to build the system.
- The system is then built.
- All drives are formatted.
- Then we will load the appropriate operating system and or diagnostic tools to ensure the equipment passes the vendors diagnostic tests.
- Finally the system undergoes a cleaning and packing stage prior to shipping with our sensitive freight company.
How We Handle Pickup And Delivery
We arrange and pay for all freight. This includes the packaging of the equipment at the customer site (unless otherwise agreed).
Customers selling to us have the responsibility of unplugging the equipment from its power source and where applicable getting a maintenance certificate (guarantee) from their maintenance provider or vendor.
We use a specialized sensitive freight company to collect the equipment and have insurance policies to cover the transit back to our warehouse.
If the customer gives us a maintenance certificate we will pay for the equipment prior to collection. If they don’t do this then the equipment must pass our tests. Providing it does pass our test and is what the customer agreed to sell we pay in full. If for example the customer thought they were selling item x and item y arrives, we will agree on a new price or ship the equipment back to our customer at Computer Merchants cost.