Previously, we’ve talked about the IBM Jumpstart program. We received a great response regarding the FREE System-i half day course and the more in depth three day course.
Well, in addition to the Jumpstart courses, IBM Education has introduced customised training for whatever your company’s IT department requires. These come in the form of education packs, or ED Packs. You can purchase pre paid ED Pack vouchers of $5,000, $10,000 or $20,000 and when purchasing through Computer Merchants you will receive a 5, 8 or 10% discount respectively.
Did you know IBM offers onsite custom education courses tailored to your needs?
Here’s what you get when you pre pay for an ED Pack:
- You have up to 12 months to use your education pack
- IBM comes to your premises if required, or you can choose a venue that works for you
- You can talk with tutors beforehand to help design the course that fits best for you
- You can have many in a class environment or one on one training if preferred
- IBM has a comprehensive range of courses relating to all aspects of their hardware and software products
IBM Education has over 2000 technical training courses
Below is a snapshop of selected courses:
- XTR01AAU – System x Technical Principles – 2 days – FREE
- XTR43AU – Managing IBM System x and BladeCenter Servers with IBM Director V5.2 – 3 days – $2,070 per student (ex GST)
- XTR15AAU – IBM BladeCenter H Workshop – 2 days – $1,380 per student (ex GST)
- AS433AU – Administer your New System i for Windows IT Professionals – 3 days – $2,100 per student (ex GST)
- OE14AU – IBM Query for AS/400 Workshop – 1 day – $800 per student (ex GST)
- AS24AU – i5 and System i System Operator Workshop – 3 days – $2,000 per student (ex GST)
- AS27AU – Advanced System Operator Workshop for System i – 3 days – $2,000 per student (ex GST)
- OE98AU – Introduction to IBM eServer and System i for New Users – 1 day – $800 per student (ex GST)
- AU13AU – AIX 5L Basics – 5 days – $3,400 per student (ex GST)
- AU14AU – AIX 5L System Administration I : Implementation – 5 days – $3,420 per student (ex GST)
- AU16AU – AIX 5L System Administration II : Problem Determination – 5 days – $4,000 per student (ex GST)
- AU73AU – System p LPAR and Virtualization I : Planning and Installation – 5 days – $4,250 per student (ex GST)
- AW18AAU – AIX 5L Jumpstart for UNIX Professionals – 5 days – $4,250 per student (ex GST)
- SN70AU- An Introduction to Storage Networking – 2 days – $1,500 per student (ex GST)
- SS77AU – Hands on Technical Training for DS4000 – 3 days – $2,070 per student (ex GST)
- SS79BAU – IBM DS4000 Advanced Workshop Lecture Only – 3 day – $2,070 per student (ex GST)
- SN82AU – SAN Volume Controller Planning and Implementation – 2.5 days – $1,850 per student (ex GST)
Training is also available on DS6000 and DS8000.