Cisco have recently released a new series in the 3xxx range; the Catalyst 3650. These switches, like the 3560’s are enterprise-class, stackable and also provide the foundation for wired and wireless convergence on a single platform.
The Cisco Catalyst 3650 series switches get their engine from the new Cisco UADP (Unified Access Data Plane) ASIC and built on advanced Cisco StackWise-160 technology. They encompass wired-wireless policy enforcement, flexibility, application optimisation and visibility and resiliency.
The switch delivers an integrated wireless controller capability with:
- Up to 40 Gb of wireless capacity per switch (48-port models)
- Support for up to 25 access points and 1000 wireless clients on each switching entity (switch or stack)
Cisco Catalyst 3650 Series Switches include:
- Optional Cisco StackWise-160 technology to provide scalability and resiliency with 160Gbps of stack throughput
- Support for Cisco ONE Enterprise Networks Architecture with the UADP ASIC for openness, programmability, and investment protection
- Cisco IOS XE Software support for IPv4 and IPv6 routing and multicast routing
- Modular QoS, Flexible NetFlow (FNF) Version 9, and enhanced security features
As for specs you can expect:
- Up to 40Gbps wireless capacity per switch (48-port models)
- Support for up to 25 access points and 1000 wireless clients on each switch entity (switch or stack)
- dual redundant, modular power supplies and three modular fans
- D4 and 48-port options at 10/100/1000 data and PoE+ models with Energy-Efficient Ethernet (EEE) supported ports
- Three fixed uplink models with 4 x 1Gbps Ethernet, 2 x 10Gbps Ethernet or 4 x 10Gbps Ethernet ports.
- Full IEEE 802.3at (PoE+) with 30 W power on all ports in 1 rack unit (RU) form factor
The Cisco Catalyst 3650 Series are available and stocking now.